Arthritis mainly affects the joint areas of the body. Thus, the following points should be kept in mind:
- Firstly, in a serious case of pain, one must consult a doctor for diagnose so that proper medication and treatment may be carried out.
- One must then focus on the kind of arthritis that has affected the body and the joints where it needs to be treated.
- Various ways of treatment can be taken up such as ayurvedic medicines, allopathy, and the most effective one—physiotherapy.
- A warm bath and an oil massage is also helpful.
Implementing a lifestyle change is needful as well as useful.
- One must exercise the body on a regular basis. But the patient must, beforehand, consult a doctor seeking advice about exercise regime to be implemented.
- Also, frequent breaks must be taken in case of a sedentary job of a longer duration.
- One should drink a lot of water during the day.
- Avoiding alcohol and smoking also help in the reduction of joint pain.
Read more articles on Arthritis
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Dec 14, 2012
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.