Since diet plays a vital role in the way a disease affects the human system, one must pay attention to the food intake as well as the substances to be avoided.
Arthritis diet food can contain the following items:
- Green leafy vegetables are an important constituent of an arthritis diet.
- Cold-water fish such as sardines and herring are also helpful here.
- Whole grains such as barley, oats, brown rice wheat must be preferred due to their anti-inflammatory properties that would help against joint problems caused due to arthritis.
- Carrots, avocados and pecans are also good for arthritis patients.
- Even soy products must be included in the diet.
Whereas, one must always be wary of the following:
- Since the weight is an important factor in case of arthritis, an excess is bad. Thus, items rich in saturated fats, sugar, dairy products, margarine and eggs must be distanced form the palate.
- Alcohol intake must be cut down drastically to a bare minimum, better still to nil.
- Smoking again poses a health hazard by shunting the development of the body.
- Caffeine must also be avoided in such a case.