For some, pregnancy week 25 signals the entry into the third trimester of pregnancy. There are still many changes going on in your body. Your baby bump has become more prominent and people may have started guessing whether you are going to have a baby girl or boy.
Pregnancy Week by Week - Growth of Baby in Week 25
- Unlike the previous weeks the baby is not gaining weight at a quick pace but will do that in the coming weeks.
- By now your baby’s length is about 13 1/2 inches and it weighs about a pound and a half.
- The baby starts looking more like a new born as the wrinkled skin of baby begins to smoothen.
- The baby's taste buds are developing. By now the baby is able to feel the difference between sweet and salty.
- The bones have also become harder than before.
- Fingernails and toenails are fully formed and the baby’s hair continue growing in this week. Since the baby is constantly growing there is not much room left in the uterus.
Pregnancy Symptoms in Week 25 - Changes in Mother
- In the 25th week of pregnancy you may notice some stretch marks on your body. These marks can either be red or brown in colour. Applying moisturiser or cocoa butter can reduce them but they will finally fade away only after the delivery.
- Like previous weeks, in this week of pregnancy you may also experience sweating. If you are feeling excessively hot then try to maintain your body temperature. Beside this, regularly take showers, wear clean and loose clothes for combating the uneasiness due to heat. Increase water intake for staying hydrated and stay away from the drinks with caffeine.
[Read: Pregnancy Week 24]
- Because of the hormonal changes in the body your hair will become more lustrous. So you can now enjoy the beauty of your hair. By the 25th week, most of the women develop sensitivity to light and also report dryness of eyes. Dryness of eyes may have been caused due to lack of vitamins. Consult your doctor and add more minerals and vitamins to your diet.
- Like in the first trimester your skin may even start to become itchy.
Pregnancy Week 25- Advice for Mothers
In 25th week a blood test is done to check level of haemoglobin in your blood. It is a precautionary test and you may have to begin the intake of iron supplements if needed. Your doctor may prescribe tests for fungal infection and liver problem if there is excessive skin itching.
Take rest and maintain good posture while you are pregnant. Remember that health of your baby is dependent on you. Moreover, maintaining good posture will also help in avoiding problems related to spinal cord that may arise after delivery.
If you have not decided name for your baby then it can be done now. You can take the help of your family, friends or even consult baby names books.
Image source: Getty
Read more articles on Pregnancy Week by Week.