Hair grows about 6 inches a year. There are many natural products that prevent hair loss and stimulate hair growth. With these simple methods, you will find a marked improvement in your hair growth.
- Fish, beans, yogurt, soy and eggs contain protein that strengthen your hair and improve hair growth. Include these protein-rich foods diet in your regular meals.
- Reduce the intake of caffeine, sugar and excess fat as they effect hair growth.
- Get plenty of sleep. Lack of sleep is a factor for hair loss.
- Practice meditation and relaxation techniques if you feel stressed. Stress can cause many problems related to health.
- Give your scalp a gentle massage to stimulate blood flow to the hair follicles. That improves hair growth.
- Do not be overenthusiastic about treating your hair with styling, processing or brushing too often. Bring the number of perms and colourings to a minimum. Even keeping your hair tied in a pony tail for long cause damage and leads to breakage. You need to ensure that the new hair you are growing does not keep breaking and falling off.
- Avoid harmful shampoos and conditioners. You must especially avoid those products that read “ammonium laurel sulphate” or “silicon” on the label. These are very rough on your hair and make it dry. Go to a salon instead and get better hair products.
- Treat your hair with hot oil every week. This is available at many drug stores and it helps to improve the hair’s shaft.
- Eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables, particularly green and yellow vegetables that are rich in beta-carotene, vitamin A and B. They are essential to hair growth. A basic vitamin such as biotin, folic acid, sulphur beta-carotene, B-6, zinc, magnesium and silica can be taken as once daily formula. These vitamins make your body healthy and this gets reflected in your hair.
- When taking the vitamins, make sure that you do not exceed the recommended daily limit as it can put adverse effects.
- Drink plenty of water daily. 6-8 glasses of water daily can flush out the body's impurities and keep it pure.
Read more articles on Hair Growth