When home treatment or care is being considered it is important to be aware of "emergency warning signs" and recognize them promptly. A person with "emergency warning signs" needs prompt medical attention and treatment.
Emergency warning signs in adults:
• difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath,
• pain or heaviness in chest or abdomen
• Dizziness or lightheadedness
• Continuous or severe vomiting
• Recurrence of flu-like symptoms after improvement and the fever and cough are worse.
Emergency warning signs in children:
• rapid breathing or difficulty in breathing
• blue skin color
• Not taking adequate amount of fluids
• Lethargic, not waking up or interacting poorly
• Very irritable or inconsolable even on holding
• Recurrence of flu-like symptoms after improvement and the fever and cough are worse
• Fever with rash
• Not eating anything
• No tears on crying
If an adult or child has any of the emergency warning signs seek urgent medical attention.
Read more articles on Swine Flu Symptoms
Though all possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; Onlymyhealth assumes no liability for the same. Using any information of this website is at the viewers’ risk. Please be informed that we are not responsible for advice/tips given by any third party in form of comments on article pages . If you have or suspect having any medical condition, kindly contact your professional health care provider.