Most people in relationship would agree that commitment means never going astray on sex, and at times even being emotionally intimate to someone else. In a survey done by one of the most popular news channels in USA, it was found that many people admit to being unfaithful at some point of time in their life. It is bemusing that the married lot cheated more than the single.
[Read: Is Jealousy the Antidote to Cheating?]
The reasons for this vary from person to person, but the single factor that is relevant to both the genders is the aversion to commitment.
Some reasons for cheating
- With the romance coming to an end after marriage, many people cannot reconcile themselves to the mundane life. They want the same attraction back which is not possible in the partner with whom they have spent their last year together.
- A nagging wife or over passionate husband can make the spouses look for another person to get sanity back into life. That is one of the prime reasons why men and women fall into the arms of a person other than their partner.
- In case of some persons it is the group tendency that drives them to commit adultery. In case a buddy does it and show it off as something fun, there are many men who cannot resist it. The same goes for women as some friends make their mates cheat just for kicks.
- In case of men, it is the starvation of sex that leads them to have it outside of wed lock. If the woman is not willing to have sex as much as the man wants or needs it, he is going to look for it elsewhere. In the same way, an unsatisfied woman would look for someone who can satisfy her. [Read: How to Make Sex Good for your Man]
- The craving for new thrill is one of the most important reasons behind cheating. A man has gratified himself with you, and is not likely to feel the same again. That brings out the urge to experiment, in other words, flirting with other women.
- If a person is in a state of despair and under great stress, having an affair can fix many problems. It can not only give release from the tension but also work to boost the ego of a person as he or she now feels more desirable. This is usually due to lack of spark or mutual appreciation in a relationship.
Read more articles on Infidelity