Children are always full of energy. As they grow older and develop motor skills their interest to participate in a variety of physical activities may increase. Interest in physical activities from childhood may become the foundation for lifelong interest in sports. Encourage your child to do at least an hour of physical activity daily as it;
- Decreases stress .
- Makes them feel better and energised.
- Makes them feel more enthusiastic to learn in school.
- Helps to maintain healthy weight.
- Makes their bones, muscles and joints healthy and strong.
- Let’s them sleep better at night.
Read a few tips to encourage your child’s involvement in physical activity:
- Limit their TV time and computer games.
- Encourage him/her to play outdoor games.
- Let him join to learn team sports.
- Go out for family walks, running, jogging, and skipping.
- In summer make enroll them for swimming classes or football coaching.
- If the school is close by they can walk to school or go on a bike,
- You can perhaps ask them if they’d like to join dance or yoga classes.
- Challenge your child and his or her friend – to play games such as who can jump rope the longest, shoot the most baskets, stand on one leg longest. Kids love to compete.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.