What you eat after you break a sweat has a major role in muscle building and fat loss. So, choosing post workout foods is crucial as it is how you restore the electrolytes, glycogen and fluids that you lose during the workout.
Bottle gourd juice, Indian name lauki juice, can be called a wonder post workout food option. It gives you all you need – catalyse weight loss process, refuel energy and improving fitness level. Don’t fall for the phony claims of sports drink and supplements, make yourself Bottle gourd juice after a workout session.
Benefits of bottle gourd juice
- It is low in calories and high in fibre.
- Owing to high-fibre content, lauki curbs your appetite.
- Rich in antioxidants, bottle gourd juice revs your metabolism.
- The natural sugars in the veggie restore glycogen levels in the muscles besides replacing lost carbohydrates.
- It contains amino acids to help muscles recover quickly and efficiently.
- It is loaded with vitamins B and C besides minerals such as iron, potassium and sodium.
- The vegetable juice is an effective remedy for urinary tract infections.
How to prepare bottle gourd juice
- Peel the skin of a fresh bottle gourd.
- Cut it into small pieces and blend it.
- For taste, add a pinch of black pepper and salt.
Rich in water, lauki juice provides a cooling effect to the body and help replenish the water lost in the form of sweat.
Image Source: Getty