Who can you go to for help with gestational diabetes?

By  , Expert Content
May 12, 2011

gestational diabetes in pregnancy

If you have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes besides your obstetrician, other health professionals who will be include in your management are a dietitian who is a diabetes educator, a registered nurse who is also a diabetes educator, and an endocrinologist or diabetologist. An endocrinologist or diabetologist is especially important in the team if you are taking insulin. Your obstetrician or diabetes educators will teach you how to check your blood sugar, with a glucose meter. Dietitians can guide you regarding diet and its affect on gestational diabetes. Your obstetrician may refer you to one or more of these specialists for management of gestational diabetes. During delivery a neonatologist (specialist in the care of newborn infants) will be called to manage the baby. The goal of team treatment is to control the blood sugar levels to as normal as possible to prevent adverse effects for both the mother and the baby.


Read more articles on Gestational Diabetes

Is it Helpful Article?YES41163 Views 0 Comment
I have read the Privacy Policy and the Terms and Conditions. I provide my consent for my data to be processed for the purposes as described and receive communications for service related information.
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK