Food allergies also referred to as food intolerances, affect every one of us at some point. These are characterised by unpleasant reaction to a certain food. Wheat allergy mainly implies a negative reaction by the body when wheat acts as an allergen for the system.
The non-accepting signs of the body might include one of more of the following:
- When a wheat product such as wheat bread is eaten, an itch comes up in the upper part of the mouth, also leading to an irritation in the throat and the mouth.
- One might suffer from a running nose.
- The eyes might start watering and even feel itchy.
- It the food reacts in a severe way, it might lead to the body throwing out the toxins by way of vomiting and diarrhoea.
- The person might start sneezing. There are chances that the throat, as also the tongue and the lips might swell up.
- Itching on the skin, psoriasis, red rashes are more symptoms that occur when wheat turns into an allergen for the body.
- The patient might find breathing problematic. This may extend to a case of palpitations and asthma.
Read more articles on Food Allergy.