Not everyone who is depressed or manic experiences every symptom. Some people experience only a few; some people suffer many. The severity of symptoms varies among individuals and also over time.
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” mood.
- Feelings of hopelessness or pessimism.
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness.
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities that were once enjoyable, including sex.
- Decreased energy, fatigue; feeling “slowed down.”
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisions.
- Trouble sleeping, early morning awakening, or oversleeping.
- Changes in appetite and/or weight.
- Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts.
- Restlessness or irritability.
- Persistent physical symptoms, such as headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain that do not respond to routine treatment.
- Abnormal or excessive elation.
- Unusual irritability.
- Decreased need for sleep.
- Grandiose notions.
- Increased talking.
- Racing thoughts.
- Increased sexual desire.
- Markedly increased energy.
- Poor judgment.
- Inappropriate social behavior.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.