What is the prognosis of Childhood Ependymoma?
Certain factors affect prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options.
The prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options depend on:
- Whether cancer cells remain after surgery
- The type of ependymoma and whether it begins in the brain or in the spinal cord.
- The age of the child when the tumor is diagnosed
- Whether the cancer has spread to other parts of the central nervous system, such as the meninges (membranes covering the brain) and the spinal cord.
- Whether the cancer has spread to other parts of the body, such as the bone or lung.
- Whether the tumor has just been diagnosed or has recurred (come back).
Read more articles on Childhood Ependymoma
Source: National Institute of Health Dec 28, 2012
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.