What are the advantages of Hemodialysis?
• + Facilities are widely available.
• + Trained professionals are with you at all times.
• + You can get to know other patients.
• + You don’t have to have a partner or keep equipment in your home.
• + You can do it at the times you choose—but you still must do it as often as your doctor orders.
• + You don’t have to travel to a center.
• + You gain a sense of independence and control over your treatment.
• + Newer machines require less space.
• + You will have fewer ups and downs in how you feel from day to day.
• + Home hemodialysis is more work-friendly than in-center treatment.
• + Your diet and fluids will be much closer to normal
• + You can take along new, portable machines on car trips, in campers, or on airplanes.
• + You can spend more time with your loved ones.
Source: National Institute of Health Jul 19, 2010