Weight Loss Tips for Men
Weight Loss Tips for Men - The metabolism and other aspects of men and women differ. For men to lose weight, they need to have lifestyle which helps in gearing their biochemistry towards weight loss.
The dietary requirements in men are way different from those in women. Food intake and the body’s metabolism also differ. In order to lose weight, therefore, men must work in a way specifically suited to their body. Some of the
[Read: Common Weight Loss Mistakes]
Weight loss tips for men are as follows:
- Before you go out to eat, for a meal or a casual snack, have a glass full of protein smoothie. While it tastes great, it also serves the purpose of making you feel full for long. There would not be a need to binge eat as your body would not be inclined so much foodwise.
- Whenever you go somewhere, park your car on the other side of the parking lot. This facilitates a quick power walk. Moreover, if you are carrying something back, all the better, lest it is a box of sweets.
- Keep to the mantra ‘Nothing after 9’. This implies no meals or unhealthy food after 9 p.m. Plan the last meal or snack at a time when the body will utilize it before you go off to sleep.
- It is good to have a cheat day. Usually Friday or Saturday is the most appropriate, since it has been a long week and you need a break. Keep in mind not to overindulge. This is for you to just eat something you usually would not eat during the week.
[Read: Diet Chart for Weight Loss]
- Avoid going to buffets and other such places where there are many food choices since the more food choices you have, the more you will eat, especially, too much of the wrong foods.
- Avoid eating fast and savour every bite. Try to spend 15 to 20 minutes for eating each and every meal.
- Avoid eating high-glycemic fruits such as bananas, papayas, mangoes, kiwis, pineapples, honeydew melons, watermelons, cantaloupes, raisins and all kinds of fruit juices.
- Another weight loss tip for men entails working out on your weekends. It is difficult to find a good enough reason not to work out on the weekends. But if you can find time for it, it implies you are getting closer to your goal.
- Alternatively, work out after you get through with your work on Friday, before you go out for a binge eating session or a meal out. This way you will think twice about eating and drinking everything in sight Friday evening.
- Always take the stairs. Doing this a couple of times a day is a step forward toward towards weight loss success.
- If you feel like snacking, opt for a protein shake, apple with low-fat cheese, orange with handful of almonds, or celery or carrots with low-fat cheese. This will satiate your craving and not add too much weight to the system.
- Cravings invariably last a span of 15 minutes. Thus, when you have a craving, avoid eating for at least 15 minutes.
These weight loss tips for men will surely help in the long run.
Read more articles on Weight Loss
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Apr 24, 2012
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.