Top 7 Ways to Know If Your Hair Is Healthy
Hair is one of the indicators of one’s overall health, youthfulness and even the physical attractiveness to others. Find out if your hair is healthy or not.
- Healthy hair has shine and lustre.
- If your hair feel silky smooth, it's healthy!
- A clear scalp suggests good hair health.
- Healthy hair will always be elastic in texture.
Everyone desires thick, shiny and beautiful hair. Hair is one of the indicators of one’s overall health, youth and even physical attractiveness. Find out if your hair is healthy or not.
7 Signs of Healthy Hair
Shine – If your hair is full of lustre, it is one of the signs that you've got healthy hair. Your hair will have shine only when the hair shaft is smooth. Brittle, damaged hair shafts are rough.
Smoothness – When you have undamaged hair shafts, your hair will be smooth. If your hair feels silky smooth, it's healthy!
Elasticity – Healthy hair will always be elastic in texture. A healthy hair should stretch, just like a rubber band.
Moisture – You’ve got healthy hair if they don't frizz up in humid conditions. On the other hand, damaged cuticles stick out even more when damp.
Healthy Scalp – A clear scalp suggests good hair health. If there is dandruff, hair is not healthy.
No Need of a Detangler – Healthy hair have smooth hair shafts that don’t need detangling products because they can easily detangle on their own.
You Lose Hair – When you shed hair, it's actually a good thing, but too much of hair fall is not. Hair is healthy when you are losing 50 to 100 hair strands a day. More loss suggests hair is not in good health.
Reality Checks for Hair Health
- Stand in front of the mirror. If you notice little white dots through your mane, they're most likely to be split ends. It suggests hair breakage from poor hair health.
- Drop a strand of hair into a container of water. If the strand floats, your hair is healthy. Damaged, dry hair is porous and will therefore, absorb the water and sink.
- As mentioned, it is healthy to lose a few hair strands. Pay attention in the shower to see if there is a dramatic increase in the amount of hair.
- When you are styling your hair, check if the hair appears shiny and lies flat. Damaged hair will become frizzy more easily.
You can do these reality checks to find if your hair is healthy. If the result doesn’t please you, try taking better care of your hair.
Read more articles on Hair Care.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Mar 04, 2015
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.