Teaching young girls about sexual health is extremely important for their wellness and social security both.
There is a great need for sexual welfare and awareness among women and girls in India even today. However, with modern times, women have also become very educated and the concept of sexual well-being among them has become clearer and better. But still, there is a need for awareness on this subject as a major part of rural women is still not in terms with the basic knowledge of sexual health which is concerning. In this article, we will tell you why it is important to create sexual health awareness among teenage girls.
Can sexual health be defined?
“According to the World Health Organization (WHO), sexual health is defined as a state of emotional, physical, mental and social well-being in relation to sexuality and does not simply mean the absence of illness or debility. A respectful approach to sex and sexuality and the possibility of having a safe sex experience, free of discrimination, coercion and violence is a prerequisite for good sexual health. In addition, to achieve and maintain better sexual health, all individuals' sexual rights must be protected, respected and vigilant.
Why is awareness about sexual health in women important?
- Good reproductive and sexual health is essential for the overall health and well-being of women. Sexual health is not about physical well-being, but it includes access to appropriate information and awareness, the effects and affordable ways of contraception, the right to have healthy sex and timely support and services when needed.
- Engaging in physical intimacy is one of the best experiences of human life, which allows the bond between two people to grow and flourish. However, there are several complications associated with this. It may happen that if the reproductive organs are not functioning effectively, there may be a lot of problems and problems in many people.
- In addition, on the other hand, many life-threatening diseases can also spread from one person to another. Therefore, it becomes very important to be aware of activities that can lead to the onset of serious health concerns.
- Apart from protecting against sexually transmitted diseases, understanding the meaning of sexual health and how it works is of paramount importance.
- Women who understand their bodies can make better choices about their lives and sexual activities. They are at liberty to decide when they will become pregnant and want to plan their family.
When is it necessary to talk to the doctor?
- If a woman suspects any unusual signs and symptoms related to her sexual health, professional help may be required.
- A woman may experience problems related to her sexual preferences, desires, and health. Whatever the case, a doctor's consultation and medication can help keep her sexually healthy, fit and active.
- However, accessing quality sexual information about maintaining a healthy lifestyle, mental and physical health can help women achieve and maintain optimal health and well-being.
Read More in Women's Health
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.