People often complain about cold and flu during the monsoon season. Symptoms of cold and flu are quite familiar to all of us- runny nose, cough, congestion, headache and at times fever.
According to Ayurveda, when you have a cold, it is best not to indulge in any kind of vigorous exercise. This is because it can set the conditions for the cold to move into the chest.
Here are 3 top of the yoga asanas to help you drain the mucus through the nose:
- Sit in an upright position placing your legs straight in front of you and raise your arms above your head while your palms should face in a forward direction.
- Stretch your body in an upward direction from the bottom of the spine. Breathe in and bend forward as you breathe out, reaching toward your toes.
- Keep your back as straight as you can and bend from the hips.
- Every time you breathe out, loosen up your body.
- Tuck in your abdomen and feel the stretch in your arms hamstrings.
- Lie straight on your back and lift up your legs as you breathe in.
- Now, breathe out bringing your legs farther back so your hips come off the floor.
- Rest your weight on your arms, shoulders, and elbows and hold your hips with your hands.
- Now while breathing in lift your legs to the vertical position. However make sure your trunk remains at an angle of 450.
- Hold yourself in this position while breathing normally. Bend your legs, release your arms and roll out of the pose as you breathe out.
Halasana (also known as the plough pose)
- Lie flat on the back with the arms straight and beside the body, palms facing downward.
- Keeping the legs straight, slowly raise them to the vertical position above the body. Only use the stomach muscles to raise the legs. Do not use the arms.
- Simultaneously bend the trunk upward, hips first. Slowly lower the legs over the head and touch the floor with the toes of both feet.
- Keep the legs straight, bend the arms and place the hands on the back as in sarvangasana. Relax the body.
- Remain in the final pose for a comfortable period of time.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.