Skin allergy is the most common form of allergy. The various causes here might pertain to seasonal changes, food intake and due to dust particles. Also, this is one of the few allergies that are made apparent by way of appearance of redness on the skin and a peculiar itchy sensation. If one follows the following measures, such allergies might be prevented and even treated.
- Firstly, if any irritation on the skin lasts for more than a normal span of time, immediately consult a doctor.
- A patch test may be done to diagnose the kind of allergy and the reason behind it. In this case, it is vital to trace down the history of the allergy to the substance that caused it.
- Once the allergen has been detected, all the products containing that element must be strictly avoided.
- Apart form these ways to prevent a further effect of the allergic matter, there are numerous medications available with the doctors to treat the allergy.
- One of the treatments used often is immunotherapy. This is based on the logic of making the immune system strong against the allergens causing allergy on the skin.
- Significantly, drinking a lot of water also helps in this case.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.