Signs and Symptoms of Sleep Disorders
- If you lie awake for long in bed at night or frequently doze off during the day, you probably have a sleep disorder
- If you think you have a sleep disorder consult your physician
- Read on to know the common signs and symptoms of various sleep disorders
If you lie awake for long in bed at night or frequently doze off during the day, you probably have a sleep disorder. If you think you have a sleep disorder consult your physician and/or a sleep specialist as this can result in poor health and mood, and can negatively affect your overall performance (motivation, relationships, and job performance).
Read: How to Prevent Sleep Disorders
The signs and symptoms of a variety of sleep disorders can be similar such as excessive daytime sleepiness or may vary depending on the specific sleep disorder. Read on to know the common signs and symptoms of various sleep disorders.
- Insomnia: Difficulty in falling and staying asleep
- Loud snoring while sleeping
- Pauses in breathing while sleeping or gasping or choking during sleep
- Feeling tired even after sleeping through the night
- Poor quality of sleep or disrupted sleep
- Restless sleep or night sweats
- Excessive daytime sleepiness. Problems with staying awake in the daytime or falling and sleeping at inappropriately places such as work, and while driving
- Difficulty in concentration and memory problems
- Agitation, irritability or short-temper
- Morning headaches, dry mouth
- Very vivid dreams
- Systemic hypertension or cardiovascular problems
Read: Treatments of Sleep Disorders
These are some of the symptoms of sleep disorders. Consult your doctor or a sleep specialist if you suspect that you or someone close to you (family member or friend) has a sleep disorder. Sleep studies can help to diagnose sleep disorder and aid appropriate treatment to improve your sleep.
Read more articles on Sleep Disorders.
For more such articles, Download OnlymyHealth App.
Source: Expert Content Mar 21, 2018
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.