A toddler’s brain fails to develop without this sense of touch and communication.
It’s an unavoidable fact that the influence of technology on one’s nervous system is multifactorial. Psychiatric indications from a multitude of disorders can have a lot of overlap, and this is particularly true when it comes to kids.
What exactly is screen time and when does it cause a possible threat?
Screen time refers to the time that is spent staying glued to the idiot box continuously, playing games on handheld electronic devices encompassing computers, video games, phones, iPad or technologically advanced gaming consoles. When your child has been spending a copious amount of time on the screen or is obsessed with the virtual world, it may be an indication that your child has fallen prey to an electronic screen syndrome that can further lay seeds for grave issues like secondary autism in kids or autism triggered by electronic screens.
ESS is fundamentally a syndrome of dysregulation which can be termed as an incapability to modify the child’s mood, responsiveness, or level of stimulation in a manner suitable to one’s environment. Networking with screens tends to shift the nervous system into fight-or-flight mode which results in dysregulation and inefficiency of various biological systems. At times this anxiety response is instant and noticeable say while playing an action video game, and other times the retort is more understated and may occur only post a certain amount of recurrence. Parents must bear in mind that intermingling with screen devices can lead a child to become overstimulated and revved up.
- Parents must note that kids learn the meaning of words via the medium of social communication that is by engaging the child in playful sessions with real objects and having someone converse with him.
- When you ask the child to put on his coat and to accompany you to go out for a walk should be linked with the act of the child putting on a coat and escorting you for a stroll, lending the context and sense of the word.
- A child studies about the world by handling a toy with his hands, putting the toy in his mouth to feel it or merely throwing it on the ground.
- The child’s brain will automatically register the connections.
- The noise and light that comes from an electronic screen will only capture a baby’s attention but will fail to result in the healthy development of the brain.
- Certainly, screens are so appealing that it’s tough for the child to turn to something else, making him or her unfocussed and habituated by the screen.
- The screen also can distance the child from human conversations which are vital to communication skills and development of language.
- What’s worse, the noise and light from screens even cartoons can produce agonizing emotions that the child can barely cope with.
- These feelings ultimately can lead to fierce and hostile behaviour patterns in a young child.
- Hence, parents must consider condensing screen usage in kids to facilitate the child's brain functioning to return to normalcy.
Read more Article On Children Health.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.