For men who are planning to gain weight during the course of months or even weeks, there are basically two aspects to look at. First, you need to watch what you eat and second, you need to concentrate on the right kind of workouts. We all know that protein for men for weight gain would be one of the most vital nutrients to delve upon. However, it is important to understand the right dosages and the correct forms in which it should be consumed.
Weight Gain with Proteins—Essential Facts
When you plan to go on a weight gain spree, you are actually looking at gaining lean muscle mass. Nobody would prefer gaining weight by accumulating fat. Provided you choose them well, proteins for men for weight gain is what you need for gaining fatless muscle mass. Some essential facts about protein consumption for weight gain would include:
- Protein would be especially necessary for your body if you are really doing the weights hard. Weight training would require immense muscular strength and would be requiring desired protein nourishment to keep the muscles pumped up.
- Most nutritionists would suggest intake of 1 to 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight. So if your average weight is around 180 pounds, you would be requiring 180 grams of protein per day. This would require you to consume quite a bit of meat, fish and eggs. Hitting the right numbers with dietary modifications alone, might sometimes prove to be difficult therefore.
- The type of protein for men for weight gain you choose would largely depend on the biological value or BV of the protein type. The BV is a figure which is a measure for how easily the protein is being absorbed into the body. For example, beef protein has a biological value of 75 whereas eggs have a BV of around 100. Clearly, the protein from eggs is better utilized by the body and hence egg protein should be preferred over beef protein.
- One of the most preferred types of protein for men for weight gain would be whey protein, which is found in milk. It has a biological value as high as 104 and is considered to be one of the most preferred types to be consumed for gaining muscle mass.
- Most often, diets alone might not be enough to make up for the daily intake of protein. Considering the fact, more and more people are resorting to consumption of protein supplements such as whey protein powders. You will find them in each and every health and fitness store across the country.
Always remember, a protein overload can have dangerous repercussions such as kidney damage. Therefore, you need to seek comprehensive advice from your doctor before resorting to any over the counter supplements.
Read more articles on Weight Gain