Newborn Care - If you plan out your baby shower in advance, it is more than likely to be a successful event. Have a look at what you need to plan in advance to have a great baby shower for the mom-to-be.
You need to plan and organise your baby shower in a step-by-step manner to ensure its success. Have a plan to control everything that happens in your baby shower so that the expecting mother, the soon to be mom, has an unforgettable event to savour throughout her life. Let us have a look at how to host a great baby shower!
Baby Shower Planning Ideas
- Making the Baby Shower Guest List – Your budget would be mostly dependent on the number of people invited to your baby shower. Talk to the expected mom to know whether other people among her friends and family are organising a baby shower for her or not. You may have to include everyone attending the other people’s baby showers for the mom-to-be. After finalising the list, make sure you have everyone’s updated address and contact numbers to send Thank You cards.
- Budgeting for the Baby Shower – You should decide about the budget very early in the planning process for the baby shower. If your guest list is small, you may not need to book a restaurant and the costs thus saved can be directed towards food, decorations, clothing and other things. If your guest list is too large to accommodate in your home, choose a good co-host who may help you out in hosting the event. The help may be even contribution of money. Whatever be the budget constraints, the father-to-be should never forget to give a gift for his significant other even if it is small gift. It will have a much bigger sentimental value.
- Sending invitations – You should have finalised the guest list for baby shower at least 8 weeks before. Your invitation should match the theme of your planned baby shower, should have details of the location and your contact numbers. These should be sent out at least 5 to 6 weeks before the event. If you do not receive confirmation from the invited guests within 2 to 3 weeks, give them a call to make sure of their presence. It will help to finalise your budget and preparations.
- Choosing the baby shower menu – Usually baby showers have a lot of menu options, and you have the choice of serving a lot of appetisers or focus on main course. You need to coordinate with the restaurant manager in case your shower is being hosted there. They should tell you the food items that are going to be served and in what setting, a sit-down with service from waiters or a buffet. If the location is your home, you can opt for the caterers; prepare your own food or a combination of both. Even here you need to decide about a sit-down setting or a buffet. Do not forget to add cake in your menu.
- Decorations – Make sure your decorations match the theme you have decided for your baby shower. The balloons, streamers and other decorative pieces should gel with the theme of the event. If you are hosting it in a restaurant, find out what decorations are allowed there and accordingly purchase the items.
Read more articles on Newborn Care
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.