Sculpting the legs is focus for a lot of people. When you are trying to lose body fat, thighs can be one of the most difficult goals. You can try a number of pilates moves to work on your thigh fat. Pilates side leg series that is basically a sequence of 5-10 exercises which are done by lying on the side of the body. They target on all the muscles of the leg and tone and shape them. Usually, when we stand and exercise, we load our body with respect to the gravity. This way we try to shape our body but increase the size as well. Instead in leg series pilates, it only helps in gaining the legs. Our pilates expert Vesna Jacob has listed down five easy and effective pilates exercises for leaner legs. Exercises are done by lying on the side. There are three versions of this series:
1. Beginners level:
Beginners version is when the lower leg is bent for more stability.
2. Intermediate level:
Intermediate takes both the legs straight but under the angle.
Practitioners are doing the same exercises lying straight in a line with top arm behind the back.
Pilates moves for leaner legs
The exercises can be done by either putting some weight like angle weights or using an elastic band. This way you can modulate the level of difficulty. All of the below listed pilates moves can help in toning your thigh fat and achieving leaner legs. The different exercises are:
1. Kick front and back
- Take the leg forward with pointed toes.
- Kick the leg as if you're kicking a ball in the front and exhale simultaneously
- Flex the leg backwards as far as you can and kick twice with the heel
- Repeat this movement back and forth 10-15 times
2. Leg straight up and down
- Flex the toes and take the leg upwards
- Bring the leg down slowly with the toes flexed
- This will help you to activate all the muscles including the calves
- Place your toe on the leg on the level of your knee
- Then, lift your knee and extend it forward
- Make your leg move up and down so that your inner thighs have the pressure
- Do 3 reps of this exercise and change the direction as well
- You can bring your leg up in the air
- Make sure to bend your knee and place your toe down to your leg
4. Little circles
- Make a large circle with your leg and keep the upper body steady
- Each side make 5-10 circles
- Repeat this exercise atleast thrice to tone your legs
5. Inner thigh lift
- Lie down flexed and bend the legs
- Keep the feet on the ground and lift the lower leg up and down
- Repeat 3 reps and of this move
These were some pilates moves that can help in making your legs leaner. You can tone your thick thigh fat by following these simple exercises daily. You can take the help of a fitness or pilates expert for proper guidance while exercising.
Read more articles on Exercise fitness
Image credits: Womenshealthbang