How to Perform a Mayur Yoga Asana
- Mayurasana can be hazardous or risky as it requires a certain amount of physical strength to be performed
- It improves balancing
- The Mayurasana is one of the most well-known yoga exercises that helps one awaken the Kundalini Shakti
- it also helps strengthen the semen of one’s body
Mayur yoga asanas derive the name from the Sanskrit word Mayur meaning Peacock. Quite evidently, this asana requires the practitioner to hold the body on both the elbows thereby, assuming the shape of a peacock. This yoga asana belongs to a higher level of yoga asana and therefore, may not be practiced by first time yoga practitioners. Apart from the manifold benefits of this asana, it improves balancing.
Mayurasana can be hazardous or risky as it requires a certain amount of physical strength to be performed. If you are a first time yoga practitioner, you may find it close to impossible to perform the mayur yoga asanas. If you must try the asana, do it under the supervision of a qualified yoga instructor so you know how exactly you should go through each step of the mayur yoga asanas.
Here are the steps to do the Mayurasana pose:
- Kneel on the floor with the knees wide open. Sit on your heels
- Lead forward while pressing both your palms against the ground. Ensure that your fingers point at the rear of your torso or the thumbs point out to the opposite side
- Gently bend the elbows to form a right angle while sliding the knees and move to the outside direction while moving your hands forward
- Bend over the front torso against the rear of the upper arms and burrow the elbows below the navel or down to the belly
- Use the yoga strap to avoid the elbow from sliding
- Put pressure of the body on the elbow. Lift your body parallel to the ground while putting full effort and concentration
- Hold this position for about 30 seconds to get the best results and repeat the procedure a few times before retiring
The Mayurasana is one of the most well-known yoga exercises that helps one awaken the Kundalini Shakti and strengthen the semen of one’s body. The yoga asana has several health benefits, especially when performed regularly. If performed regularly by a woman, the Mayur yoga asanas ensure a seamless flow of menstrual cycle. Besides, Mayur Yoga asanas offer instant relief from abdominal pain or problem, chronic back pains, obesity, constipation and other digestive problems.
Read more articles on Yoga.
For more related articles, Download OnlymyHealth App.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Mar 28, 2018
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.