Peanut allergy is a common form of allergy. Its treatment is very basic and sticks to the allergy treatment conventions.
- Firstly, if a person is allergic to peanuts, the best way to treat and even prevent the allergy related disease is to avoid the allergen. Thus, peanuts as well as products containing peanuts—peanut butter and spreads, chocolates that have peanut content in them—must be kept at a distance.
- Apart from this, there are numerous medicated creams that help to take care of the skin problems caused due to the allergy.
- Again, the itchiness in the throat, mouth and the nose might be treated with medicines.
- Immunotherapy is another major way of fighting against the allergy causing peanuts. The process entails building up the immune system to block and stay fit against the allergen.
- In extreme cases of peanut allergy, medicated shots may be taken to control the heart rate, the swelling and other symptoms which might, in rare cases, even prove fatal.
Read more articles on Food Allergy