Osteoarthritis treatment involves awareness accompanied by certain lifestyle changes.
- Providing information to patients about how to make their bones and joints strong and ways to make the muscles healthy would help in preventing the disease.
- Early diagnosis would be helpful, any day.
- Various organisations and websites give away vital methods on prevention and further care.
- Since osteoarthritis pertains to the bones, joints and muscles, a low body weight would be helpful since it reduces the pressure on the prone areas.
- Mild exercise, such as aerobics, to strengthen the muscles, bones and cartilage growth in the body always proves useful.
- A healthy diet forms a major factor in the treatment. Antioxidant vitamins as C (as in citrus fruits) and E (in nuts, green leafy vegetables, papayas, etc.) protect the areas where the disease is likely to affect.
- Also, vitamin D (exposure to the sun being a major source here) and calcium (found in milk products) are very important components, though here, the intake should be regulated and moderate.
- Over the counter medicines are also available to treat the condition.
- Various devices are used as corrective measures for body alignment, for example, crutches, splints, walkers.
- Soaking the affected part of the body in hot water or warm paraffin wax might be relieving.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.