Japanese matcha tea health benefits: How many times do you drink green tea in a day? 2 or maybe 3 times? Despite its awful taste, you love to drink it because of its amazing health benefits. But have you ever tried something better than green tea? Yes, we are talking about Japanese matcha tea, which helps to lower down your anxiety level.
What is Japanese Matcha Tea?
- Japanese tea is none other than a powder of leaves, meant from Camellia Sinensis green tea bushes. Just like green tea, Japanese Matcha tea has various health benefits.
- New research authored in the Journal of Functional Foods discovered that consumption of matcha tea reduced the anxious behavior in mice. (This study was tested on rodents).
- As per the scientists, the Japanese Matcha tea's cooling effects are due to the features that kick starts dopamine D1 receptors and serotonin 5-HT1A receptors. Both the receptors are close to the levels of anxiety levels.
For the research, the scientists conducted an "elevated plus maze" test. It is an anxiety test for mice. It was discovered in the test that anxiety in rodents was decreased after the Matcha tea (in the form powder and extract)
Conclusion of research
When the anxiolytic activities of Japanese Matcha were examined, a stronger impact was discovered with the powder (extract). The matcha powder (mixture) was created by using the composition of eighty percent ethanol corresponding to the powder derived from only hot water. Matcha is the extract of new leaves from the ninety percent shade-grown Camellia sinensis green tea bushes.
Except for reducing anxiety Japanese matcha tea also provides several other benefits, such as:
- it has lots of antioxidants
- it helps fight against free radicals
- matcha tea is a mood-booster
- drinking matcha tea regularly leads to weight loss
Read more articles on Health News