Invest just 15 minutes in this total-body workout to have a toned torso!
- Your muscles have three basic contractions.
- The contractions are concentric, isometric, and eccentric phase.
- Slower eccentric phase causes longer muscle tension.
It may sound unreasonable and opposite of what we have known, but slowing down your workout can help you to speed up the results. The simple reason being- your muscles have three basic contractions-concentric (they shorten), isometric (they stay the same length), and eccentric (they lengthen).
When the eccentric phase is focussed on and is slowed down, your muscles are under tension for longer period of time, and so your body uses more energy to build and repair them. It may not get your heart racing like an indoor cycling class does, but it boosts metabolism. Researchers have found that eccentric-focused training can increase your post-workout calorie burn by up to 7 percent for as long as 72 hours.
Get the most out of every workout move with this simple 15 minute workout to get your full body toned. It is meant to build lean muscle tone, fast. Remember to do the first and third moves slowly (taking five seconds to lower) through the first time, and the second and fourth moves at a normal speed; the second time, reverse the pattern (doing the first and third moves at a normal pace). Keep alternating for seven minutes, resting as needed between the moves. Reverse the order (start with the dip), and complete another seven-minute round using the same pattern.
- Stand with your legs staggered, your left foot about two feet In front of your right.
- Bend your knees to lower your body until your left thigh is parallel and your shin is perpendicular to the floor.
- Straighten your legs to return to start. Do five reps, then switch sides and repeat.
- Get into a pushup position with your hands placed slightly wider than your shoulders on a box, bench, or step.
- Lower your body until your chest nearly touches the surface.
- Pause at the bottom, and then push yourself back to start. Do as many reps as possible until you can't maintain form or have to stop.
- Sit at a lat pull-down station and grab the bar with an overhand grip that's slightly wider than your shoulders.
- Without moving your torso, pull the bar down to your chest, pulling your elbows toward the floor and your rib cage, and squeezing your shoulder blades at the bottom of the move.
- Pause, then return to start. Do five reps.
- Sit on the edge of a bench or chair with your knees bent and your feet on the floor in front of you. Place your palms facedown next to your thighs and, keeping your arms straight, scoot forward until your hips and butt are in front of the seat.
- Bend your elbows to lower your hips until your upper arms are parallel to the floor.
- Push back to start. That's one rep. Do as many reps as possible until you have to pause or can't maintain form.
Time is precious, and you will thank yourself in the following 15 days if you are steady with your workout routine for choosing this focussed exercise programme. The single best gift you can give your body is switching to a more efficient routine.
Image source: Getty
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Oct 23, 2017
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.