Love handles (fat deposits around waistline) are very tough to remove. Proper diet and exercise regime can help to reduce love handles.
Failed in losing your love handles, yet again? Love handles are actually fat accumulated in the abdominal area of a person. These fats are due to the extra calories that people eat. Love handles are the same as any other body fat. To lose your love handles you need to reduce your overall body fat. It's one of those body parts you don't pay much attention to until you catch a glimpse of yourself walking in front of the video camera or during a beach vacation. The love handles can attack any body type, whether it is skinny or fat.
Toning up the Love Handles
Things you desire do not come easily, do they? But having a proper diet plan and a good work out regime might just smoothen the way for you. Here are a few simple tips which can help you reduce that flab around your waist:
- To tone your middle and love handle area you also need to strengthen your back. This creates stability in your torso and reduces the fat on your back.
- Lie on your stomach and lift your head up a little. You can keep your arms straight towards your sides or bend them with your elbows resting beside you. Lift your feet and knees off the floor and flutter your legs rapidly back and forth. Do this for 20 seconds. Take a 20 seconds break and then repeat again. This exercise will help you lose your love handles fast.
- Don’t wear tight tops. Some people wear a tight top and complain about how fat they are. Well, you might want to try a “not so tight” stuff to hide your love handles
- Dance for 15-20 minutes daily or every alternate day.
- Use mustard or low-fat mayonnaise on your sandwich as a substitute for regular mayonnaise.
- Skip the extra butter shot on your movie theatre popcorn and on every other snack.
- Drink at least three litres of water per day.
- Wear black clothing especially around your abdominal area. This is because wearing black can make you look slimmer.
- Choose skimmed milk instead of whole milk.
- Order a small drink instead of a super-sized drink.
- Instead of having aerated drinks, switch to a glass of fresh juice.
- Skip the butter or margarine in the pan when grilling sandwiches or eggs.
- Avoid fried food and enjoy the baked ones.
- Eat a high-fibre, whole-grain breakfast cereal.
- Jog for 10 minutes.
- Swim for 15 minutes.
- Eat a snack-sized chocolate bar instead of a whole candy bar.
- Avoid heavy snacks like mashed potatoes, chips etc.
- Choose fruit canned in natural juice instead of heavy syrup.
- For ladies - wear a corset under your top or dresses.
- Do sit-ups or crunches every day.
- Try getting liposuction.
- Leave 3 to 4 bites of food on your plate.
- Avoid having blue cheese.
- Eat an appetizer as your main meal instead of an entrée.
- Eat small chocolates at different intervals instead of munching on a big one.
- Eat 1/2 cup less of pasta or rice.
Cardio workouts are counted among most effective muscle toning exercises. In addition to decrease weight of your torso, the exercise will help you lose unwanted fat from rest of the body parts. A schedule of cardio exercise must span at least 40 minutes, which should be performed at least thrice a week. Running, biking, swimming, rope skipping, stair stepping and brisk walking are some of the cardio exercises you can choose from.
The activity of toning extra fat into muscle mass triggers metabolic process, increasing caloric burning for every day. Among muscle building exercises are bench presses, deadlifts, military presses, push-ups, pull-ups, squats and lunges. Remember the simple rule, expending more calories than consumed leads to fat reduction.
The physical activities such as body rotation and movements should be included in your everyday schedule. Activities such as sitting on a Swiss ball and performing rotations contribute significantly to the cause of losing love handles.
Foods that are high in calories and low on essential nutrients should be eliminated from the dietary regimen. Instead of processed foods and refined foods, go for nutrient dense foods such as whole grains, fruits, green vegetables, lean meats, low-fat dairy products and fish. High caloric beverages such as sweetened fruit juices, soda and alcohol should be avoided.
Drinking ample of water is advised, as it is calorie-free, helps in remaining hydrated and removes toxins from the human body.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.