How to make pancake from leftover cooked rice
- Making cooked rice pancake is very easy.
- You can use them as a healthy breakfast option.
- You can veggies to it to make it crunchy.
- You can eat serve it a green garlic chutney.
Wondering what to do with last night’s leftover rice? Here is how you can turn them into a healthy breakfast! Cooked rice pancakes are prepared with a batter of cooked rice bound together with besan. You can add veggies to it that bring to bring crunch to it while adding green chillies and coriander will add to its flavours. You can serve it coriander green garlic chutney for a filling breakfast.
- 2 cups leftover cooked rice (chawal)
- 5 tbsp grated carrot
- 5 tbsp finely chopped spring onions whites and greens
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1/2 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp low-fat curds (dahi)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- salt to taste
- 5 1/4 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
Coriander green garlic chutney
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to make a batter of dropping consistency using enough water. Now heat a non stick tava and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil. Pour a small of the batter on it and spread into a circular motion. Cook it from both the sides, till the colour turns golden brown. Once your pancake is ready you can serve hot with coriander green garlic chutney.
Image Source: Getty
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Oct 30, 2017
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.