Home is generally considered the safest place for children, but studies have shown that unintentional injuries at home cause a significant number of deaths. Here are some recommendations to keep your child safe from danger at home;
- All potentially poisonous products - detergents, pesticides, bug sprays, cleaning products - should be stored in a cabinet out of reach and under lock.
- Keep all medications away from their reach also.
- Keep knives and other sharp objects - peelers, graters, mixers and food processor blades - in latched drawers or high cabinets. Similarly breakable crockery such as glassware and china should be kept out of your little ones reach.
- To prevent burn, be wary of where you leave hot drinks. Don't cook on a stove while holding your child. Teach the older children to be cautious about hot things and fire.
- Use a properly designed car seat, preferably in the middle of the back seat. Do not let your child sit in the front seat
- For electrical safety, use outlets that have a sliding safety latch. Block any unused electrical point and keep blow-blenders, toasters, dryers, and other electrical appliances unplugged where possible.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.