How to Handle Unruly Children?
One of the biggest challenges a parent faces is guiding their children to behave in a socially acceptable manner. Research has found that overindulgence by parents is the most common reason for behavioural problem. It is important that you recognize the sign of a spoiled child before it’s too late. Read on to know how to control your unruly children.
- Respond to bad behavior in the same way every time. If they see a pattern, they will know what to expect when they misbehave.
- Make rules which are clear and consistent. This helps them to develop self-control and good behavior.
- Use positive methods of disciplining like rewarding good behavior; say a firm “no” to discourage negative actions.
- Give them reminders. If your child misbehaves, remind them of the repercussions (such as “if you hit anyone today in the park I will take you home and there’ll be no television”). Explain the consequences of bad behaviour.
- Give them responsibility and encourage them to help at home. such as with the cleaning and cooking. This gives them a feeling of responsibility and diverts their energy in a positive way.
- Limit their television time and monitor the programs they watch. Many cartoons are violent and aggressive, so children can pick up these traits.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Feb 06, 2013
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.