Does castor oil help hair growth? Yes.
Thinning and falling hair never gives a good feeling. To treat hair loss, you might want to give castor oil a shot-- it is an efficient natural remedy to keep your tresses thick, long, shiny, and healthy.
- Castor oil promoted hair growth.
- It nourishes the scalp.
- Hair damage visibly reduces with castor oil application.
- Applying it regularly provides silky, shiny hair.
Castor oil is a natural remedy to grow your hair longer and thicker. It is even considered effective for treating baldness, which is otherwise a result of various factors such as one’s genes, diet, everyday stress, environmental factors and the lifestyle one is leading. A popular type of castor oil that prevents falling and thinning of hair is the Jamaican Black Castor Oil.
Benefits of using castor oil regularly
- Increases hair growth.
- Stops the thinning of hair.
- Visibly reduces and prevents the hair damage.
- Nourishes dry hair and gives them shine and bounce.
- Makes the hair fuller and shinier; a sign of them being healthy.
- Deeply conditions and moisturizes hair from scalp to root.
- Prevents scalp dryness.
- Boosts hair’s overall health.
Also, applying castor oil to hair tips can help prevent them from frizz, damage and split-ends. The hair also becomes noticeably stronger. Here is a common step by step technique for using castor oil for hair loss:
How to use castor oil for hair growth
- Using the fingertips, apply a high quality castor oil to your hair-- from roots to tips.
- Make sure that the oil gets distributed evenly on the scalp.
- Make sure you use only enough oil to cover your strands because its thick consistency may be hard to wash out.
- After applying it to the scalp, cover your hair with a plastic cap and wrap it in a towel.
- Let the oil stay in your hair for at least 15 to 20 minutes or allow it to stay overnight.
- Wash it out with your regular shampoo afterwards.
- Do this once a week for about six to eight weeks to see desired results.
You could also opt to mix castor oil with other hair-benefitting oils such as olive, grape seed and coconut oil. This not only provide added benefits, but also lighten the thick consistency of castor oil.
Along with using castor oil on a regular basis, one of the basic strategies to encourage hair growth is to have a healthy diet that is rich in essential nutrients. You could also consult your doctor and take some hair supplements that contain hair vitamins.
Gett enough sleep, exercise regularly and reduce stress through meditation to help your hair grow longer, thicker and stronger. If you notice that your hair is becoming thinner every time you check yourself in the mirror, it’s probably time for you to find out about the various uses of castor oil and pick one.
Image Source: Getty
Read more articles on Hair Loss.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jan 29, 2013
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.