How to Cure Type 1 Diabetes Naturally
How to Cure Type 1 Diabetes Naturally: Making modifications in your diet and following a regular exercise routine are amongst the natural antidotes for type 1 diabetes.
Type 1 diabetes, which is often diagnosed during childhood or teen age, is a chronic malady. Managing your blood sugar levels in type 1 diabetes is important in order to avoid microvascular and mascovascular complications, which are related to the disease. Natural or home-made remedies can be equally beneficial to keep type 1 diabetes in check along with your regular medications prescribed by the doctor. Here are few tips to naturally improve your life even if you are type 1 diabetic.
Fight Back with Diet
Many studies have recommended that patients with type 1 diabetes should adhere to low-glycemic index diet for better control on soaring blood glucose levels. Foods with low glycemic index, such as oats, whole wheat, fruits (apple, grape, grapefruit, pears and coconut) and vegetables (carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, beans and peas) should form a major portion of a diabetic’s diet.
[Read: Type 1 Diabetic Diet]
Home Remedies for Type 1 Diabetes
You can build defence against type 1 diabetes by following mentioned few home remedies.
- Before having a large meal, you can have a glass of water with two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and a pinch of salt added into it. This will keep your sugar level within the normal range.
- Bitter melon may also help you to stabilise your blood sugar levels.
- Alfalfa, commonly known as batua in India, is a nutrient-rich plant that can control the rising level of blood sugar. Seeds and capsules of alfalfa plant can be taken by diabetics with their food.
- Cinnamon is also considered as an important antidote for type 1 diabetes. So, if you like the flavour, you can add cinnamon powder to all your meals or else you might add two small pieces of it in your tea or coffee.
Exercising your Way to Diabetes-free life
Moderate physical activities, such as swimming, jogging, brisk walking or dancing should form an integral part of a diabetic’s routine. Regularly indulging in exercises can stave off the risk of type 1 diabetes getting severe. If you don’t want to hit the gym you may workout at home too such as climb a flight of stairs for a minimum of 20 minutes. Physical workout is a natural method of keeping the blood sugar level and body weight within the normal range.
Take Herbal and Mineral Supplements
- Some studies have shown that regular use of alpha-lipoic acid supplements can boost the body’s reaction to insulin improving type 1 diabetes, says the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, U.S.
- It is believed that chromium can also reduce the soaring blood sugar levels.
- Omega-3 fatty acids and polyphenol supplements may well prevent the complications of type 1 diabetes.
For your overall well-being, it is important to understand that all the natural remedies for diabetes are not sure shot ways to treat type 1 diabetes. But these remedies can surely increase the effectiveness of diabetes treatment; bringing an early relief in the patient’s condition . Don’t forget to take your doctor’s advice before taking any supplement.
Read more articles on Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus Treatment.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Oct 30, 2012
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.