How to Balance Life as a Single Parent?
Balance all aspects of your life as a single parent.
Parenting is a tough job even with two parents at home, so a single parent must really feel the strain. Read to understand how to balance all aspects of your life as a single parent.
- Teach your kids to clean their room, do their homework on their own as best they can, and help with the household chores (age appropriate).
- Don’t feel guilty for not being able to spend enough time with your children; spend and enjoy quality time with them instead and this will help you to develop a closer and healthier relationship.
- Make a schedule in your house for children. This makes it easier for them to know what has to be done, like when to do homework, how long they can watch TV and when to go to bed. A consistent schedule makes children feel safe, gives their lives stability and structure, and a sense of autonomy and confidence.
- Take help from family or friends when required.
- Use positive methods of disciplining; reward good behavior, give a firm “no” to discourage destructive actions and do not get angry or reprimand your child without a warning.
- Take out time for yourself; learn to be happy so that your children can be happy.
Read more articles on Single Parenting
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Aug 03, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.