Anti-Wrinkle Creams to Remove Wrinkles from your Face
Anti-wrinkle creams are considered to be safest and cheapest way to remove wrinkles, choose the right product and ensure that your cream contains certain harmless ingredients.
- Wrinkles appear due to the process of ageing.
- They contain retinol and alpha hydroxyl acids.
- Also contains coenzyme Q10 boost the energy production of the skin cells.
- It is a relatively less expensive way to treat wrinkles.
Use of anti-wrinkle creams is gaining popularity among the masses, as it is considered the safest and cheapest way of removing wrinkles and other signs of skin ageing. The effectiveness of anti-wrinkle creams depends greatly on its constituents, as some creams have been successful in producing long term effects in reducing the effects of skin ageing.
Anti-wrinkle creams constituting mainly of natural ingredients are absolutely safe to use, and they do not produce any undesirable side effects. Ageing of the skin is the most natural phenomenon experienced by everybody and the regular use of anti-wrinkle creams can slow down skin ageing remarkably.
Anti-wrinkle creams containing retinol and alpha hydroxyl acids are most effective in reducing the skin wrinkles. According to New York based Dermatologic surgeon Jordana Gilman, MD, ‘retinol is the most active ingredient in anti-wrinkle creams that helps in reducing fine lines and wrinkles’. She also suggests the use of sunscreen lotions of SPF more than 30 to prevent early skin ageing. Sunscreen lotions protect the skin from harmful UV rays of the sun and act as effective anti-ageing agents.
How anti-wrinkle creams work?
Wrinkles appear on the skin with ageing due to the decrease in the production of new cells failing to replace the damaged ones. The main objective of the anti-wrinkle creams is to hasten the production of new cells restoring the youthful look of the skin.
- Retinols or retinoic acids present in anti-wrinkle creams helps in the thickening of the epidermis and enhances the elasticity of the connective tissue with increased deposition of collagen.
- Alpha–lipoic acid, commonly found in most anti-wrinkle creams is a powerful antioxidant that provides energy to the skin cells destroying free radical reactions. It prevents the production of skin damaging ingredients and stimulates the enzymes to remove the damaged collagen fibres from the skin.
- Glycolic acid, the most active alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) present in anti-wrinkle creams removes the dead and damaged skin cells faster, replacing them with new cells restoring the health of the skin.
- Sunscreen lotions with a high SPF value protect the skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun and can be effective in treating skin wrinkles.
- Anti-wrinkle creams containing coenzyme Q10 boost the energy production of the skin cells invigorating them to a great extent.
- Many anti-wrinkle creams contain another important ingredient called copper peptides that promote the functioning of the antioxidants and helps in repairing the damaged tissues.
- Extract of green tea, enriched with antioxidants destroys the free radical reactions in the skin cells, and helps in maintaining the health of the skin.
Check for the above ingredients before buying any anti-wrinkle cream to ensure that you are selecting the right product for your skin. Some other ingredients may also be present to enhance the functioning of the skin product. It is best to seek professional advice before trying out any anti-wrinkle cream.
Read more articles on Body Surgeries
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Apr 20, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.