Honey can help you gain weight
- Honey can be used to gain weight effectively.
- One tablespoon of honey packs in 17.3 grams of carbohydrates.
- Recent researches on honey have shown that it is a very good performance enhancer.
Honey can be used to gain weight effectively but first you need to understand the way energy is used up in your body. Energy is stored in the body in the form of fat and sugar. Sugar is needed for short and intense energy requirements, such as those required by weight lifters, while moderate and prolonged activity use up your body’s fat reserves.
That is why exercise can help you gain weight as it uses up the stored up sugar in your muscles, which you can replenish to a larger capacity. Alternatively, honey can also be used to overload your body with sugar that forces it to store it up as fat.
Features of honey that can help in weight gain
- One tablespoon of honey packs in 17.3 grams of carbohydrates, equal to the performance enhancement gels used by athletes during marathons. Moreover, it comes at a fraction of the cost.
- Honey contains simple sugar rather than complex carbohydrates that break down slowly in the body. Because of honey’s nature to break down immediately in the body, more of energy is bound to be stored up as fat rather than getting burned in the muscle tissues.
- According to a study reported in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, it is important to keep you carbohydrate levels up right after workout in a gym. Honey is a good way of keeping up the stores of carbohydrates in your body. The high concentration of carbs in honey ensures that you can easily get the increased amount after a session at the gym.
- Recent researches on honey have shown that it is a very good performance enhancer. It is a great ergogenic aid. The specific benefits of honey are maintaining of blood sugar level, recovery of muscles from their damage and restoration of glycogen, after the physical exertion of a workout.
Honey has been long known as a health booster and it was always known to have health benefits, used alone or with other ingredients such as milk. You can expect to have an all-round development of your body by taking milk and honey in the morning. According to Ayurvedic principles, you should not take milk and honey together as they become “vipreet aahaar” or foods that react against each other to the detriment of health.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Sep 15, 2017
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.