Homeopathy for your kid's health may be the right option, before you opt for conventional therapy.
Homeopathic treatment is generally considered safe for use in children even very young. Children usually have good response to homeopathic treatment, as they are usually not exposed much to conventional drug therapy as adults. Homeopathic remedies treat the illness and can also help to strengthen the child's natural defenses and immunity. This helps to restore and maintain a state of good health. In addition as the homeopathic remedies are sweet pills, powders or liquids they are easily taken by children.
[Read: Understand Homeopathy]
Most of the common problems in children can treated rapidly and effectively at home with homeopathic medicines.
Homeopathy is safe and effective for treating most common illnesses of childhood like
- Bed wetting
- Ear infections, Frequent cold, cough and tonsillitis [Read: Homeopathy for Cold and Flu]
- Diarrhea, Stomach Upset & Motion Sickness
- It is effective for childhood infectious diseases like Measles, Chickenpox and Mumps
A few commonly used homeopathic remedies in children include Aconitum napellus (Aconite), Belladonna, Chamomilla, and Mercurius.
Homeopathic Remedies for Common Childhood problems
- Teething: Chamomilla, Coffea Cruda, Calcarea Phosphorica are effective for problems with teething in children
- Colic: Dioscorea, Chamomilla, Colocynthus, Magnesia Phosphorica, Aconite, Ferrum Phosphoricum are effective in relieving cramps or colic in children.
- Cough and croup: Ipecac, Aconitum Napellus, Spongea Tosta, Antimonium Tartaricum, are some of the remedies that are effective in cough and croup in children
- Diarrhea: Some of the effective remedies for diarrhea include Colocynthus, Aloe Socratans, Arsenicum Album, Nux Vomica.
Caution: Homeopathic remedies can be a wonderful in children. Most of the common problems in children can treated rapidly and effectively at home with homeopathic medicines. If the response to treatment is not optimal or the problem is severe consult a professional homeopath.
Read more articles on Homeopathy
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.