Home Remedies to Remove Colour from Hair: Your hair does not have to suffer during Holi as some effective home remedies can prevent any damage.
In the frenzy of the festival, it may not cross your mind that you need to get rid of the colours on you. It can be especially difficult to remove colours from the hair as one has to guard against damage. You need to prepare before playing colours to protect your hair.
Tips to protect your hair from colours
- Use castor oil or olive oil in a generous amount to apply on your hair before starting to play with colours. Not only would your skin be protected from damage, it would also make it easier to remove.
- Apply almond oil to help in removing the colours.
- Use soaked fenugreek seeds in four tablespoons of curd to apply on your hair post the colour playing during Holi. This is a simple hair pack that is very effective. Wash away the solution with herbal shampoo.
- You might want to wear a bandana or thick scarf to cover your hair.
- In order to impart strength to the hair if it has been damaged after Holi, apply a mixture of 1 tablespoon of vinegar to 3 tablespoons of oil. This gives strength to your hair. You can also apply almond oil and olive oil during night on each day after Holi.
- Use only a mild shampoo for your hair and guard against overuse. You would be well advised not to fight it if the colour seems to stay put. It is most likely to come off within a day or two after shampooing.
- Do not forget to use a conditioner after using shampoo on your hair for removing the colours. This is important because the chemical colours mostly used in Holi will leave your scalp very dry.
- The best way to treat your hair after playing with colours, which also removes the colours, is to use lukewarm water with a mild shampoo, preferably herbal. This should be followed by a conditioner as already mentioned but you might also want to apply hair repair serum on semi wet hair.
- For people prone to dry scalp, dandruff and related hair problems, it would be advisable to use a cap to cover the hair throughout the day. This is because the harmful chemical in the colours can really take the shine off the hair and render them brittle.
Read more articles on Festival Fever
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.