Home Remedies for Chikungunya Pain
Some effective home remedies for chikungunya pain and other symptoms can be very useful for the patients. Since no preventive vaccine or anti-viral drug has been developed for curing this condition hence chikungunya home remedies helps in curing f
- Garlic paste application can relieve joint pain,
- Grapes can relieve severe symptoms.
- Raw carrots can boost immune system.
- Coconut water is an effective remedy.
The most recognised symptom of chikungunya is pain in the joints. That is why it is called “Sandhi Jwara” in Ayurveda. Since no vaccine or anti-viral drug is available for prevention or treatment of chikungunya, relief from symptoms is the only option. Some effective home remedies for chikungunya pain and other symptoms can be very useful for the patients.
- Local application of garlic paste or clove oil with pepper wrapped on the painful joints for providing relief from pain.
- Chewing Ashwagandha.
- Using epsom salt (magnesium sulphate) in lukewarm bathing water mixed with neem leaves.
- Grapes taken with a little quantity of cow’s milk gives relief from some of the severe symptoms of chikungunya. Make sure that the grapes are seedless and dry.
- Eating raw carrots as salad or otherwise is helpful in increasing the immune resistance of people afflicted with chikungunya. It protects them from complications such as joint pain.
- Tulsi (Sacred Basil) leaves are given to chikungunya patients because they reduce the fever of patients and have a positive impact on immunity.
- A person should be made to drink a lot of coconut water. It is the best home remedy available for relief when afflicted with chikungunya. Coconut water does not cure the disease but it helps the patients in fast recovery. Coconut water is very good for the liver and the chikungunya virus develops there after infecting the body. Coconut water detoxifies the liver and that is helpful in fast recovery of patients.
Ayurveda for Chikungunya Pain
The following Ayurvedic medicines are helpful in managing muscle and joint pain in Chikungunya:
- Nirgundi (Vitex negundo)
- Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa)
- Nishottar (Operculina turpethum)
- Tagar (Valeriana wallichii)
- Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Guggulu (Commiphora mukul)
Ayurvedic treatment along with home remedies for chikungunya pain is very important as no preventive vaccine or anti-viral drug has been developed yet for curing this disease.
Image source: Getty
Read more articles on Chikungunya Treatment
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Aug 24, 2016
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.