In today's world, rising pollution has made it a challenging task for human beings to breathe freely, often causing diseases like asthma. For some people, asthma can be bearable, but for others, it can cause significant breathing problems. The causes of asthma could be either genetic or environmental. It also depends upon various airborne irritants that can trigger allergies.
Apart from all other home remedies for treating asthma, onion is one such element in the kitchen which is often very easy to find. Majorly known for its taste-enhancing benefits, onions are also useful in curing many health conditions. If we go by colours, onions come in two different varieties - red and white. Red onions are often more abundant in antioxidants (as compared with white ones) and are equipped with more anti-inflammatory properties. They are also rich in Vitamin C and sulphur, eventually making itself one of the best natural ingredients for treating asthma.
Methods To Use Onions To Cure Asthma
Cucumber Onion Salad
- 1 Medium-sized onion
- 2 large cucumbers
- Lime juice, either fresh or concentrate
- 1 cup cilantro(chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves
- ⅓ greek yoghurt
How To Prepare
It's a salad, so no pro tips to prepare this recipe. Once you get all the ingredients, mix them up with a bit of pepper to taste. This recipe contains majorly simple ingredients and something almost anyone can prepare anywhere. Cucumbers and yoghurt have their health benefits, so just adding them to the onion mixture can do wonders for asthmatic patients.
Try out every alternative day
Honey- Onion Mixture
- ½ kg red onion
- Red Onion(500 gm)
- Honey (6-8 tablespoons)
- Fresh lemons (3-4)
- Dark brown sugar (300-400 gm)
- 6-8 tablespoons of honey
- 3.300-350 gm of dark brown sugar
- 5-6 glasses of water
How To Prepare
- Start with heating sugar in a pan, stir it until it starts melting
- Chop up the red onion and stir it continuously
- Add some water to the mixture
- Boil it until the water is reduced to its one-third quantity
- Cooldown the mixture and add lemon to it
- At last, add honey and stir it well
- Store it in an airtight jar/container.
One tablespoon before every meal of adults and if the children consume the mixture, ½ teaspoon is enough before each meal until the time you face the symptoms.
Apart from these red onion related remedies, one can also try out some of these home-related remedies too;
- Try acupuncture
- Trying natural dietary supplements with herbs
- Regular Exercise/Yoga
- Get plenty of restful sleep
- Maintain a normal weight
- Include ingredients into your diet like garlic, ginger and honey
- Omega-3 oils, an ingredient mostly found in fish and seeds of flax, are known to have many health benefits. They also work on decreasing airway inflammation and improve lung function of people who have severe asthma.
Read more articles on Home Remedies
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.