Herbal Remedies for Swine Flu
Swine FLU Treatment - The herbal remedies for swine flu are worth trying because they target the root cause of the disease for cure. The symptoms of swine flu can also be subsided by some of the herbs. Herbal remedies can be easily available in yo
Swine flu is a respiratory disease caused by the H1N1 virus. It was initially found in pigs but later spread to humans too. The most popular treatment through allopathic medication with drugs like Tami Flu and RELENZA do not cure the disease. They only serve to give relief from the symptoms. In such cases there is always a possibility of the return of symptoms. It is advisable to look for some herbal remedies because they strike at the root cause of the disease and do not have any side-effects, which every allopathic medicine has.
Some Herbal Remedies for Relief from Swine Flu Symptoms
- Inhale steam made from basil leaves added to water. This is particularly helpful in relieving lung congestion.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey to half tablespoon of cinnamon powder for relief from nasal congestion, sore throat and other cold-related symptoms of swine flu.
- Chew fresh garlic cloves. It is a good antiviral herbal remedy.
- Lemon tea also relieves cough and cold, sort throat and headaches.
- Black elderberry has been found to be very promising in treating swine flu disease.
- Indian herbs like Neem, ginger and pepper in Ayurvedic compositions.
- Herbs like Echinacea and herbal combinations like Triphala eliminate the swine flu symptoms completely.
Echinacea is an Ayurvedic medicine that can treat all types of flu and is also effective in swine flu prevention. It increases the body’s immune resistance to fight against swine flu virus. The herbal remedies mentioned above may or may not require the advice of an alternate medicine practitioner. Make use of the home remedies made from herbs and prevent or get relief from symptoms of swine flu.
Read more articles on Swine FLU Treatment
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Feb 15, 2013
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.