Healthy Recipes for Weight Loss
Healthy recipes for weight loss: Your weight loss plan should include health recipes for weight loss in order to help you stick to your plan.
To ensure that you stick to your weight loss programme, it is important that you choose healthy recipes. It would be next to impossible for most people to keep denying themselves the pleasure of satisfying their palate for too long. It is here that healthy and tasteful recipes come to help.
[Read: Indian Diet for Weight Loss]
Before going into suggestions for healthy recipes, it would be sensible to know the aim of having healthy weight loss recipes, so that you know what foods to look for when going to the grocery store and how much of them to stock up.
Your healthy recipe for weight loss should be based on the following factors:
- Your nutritional requirements for a day.
- Distribute your recommended calorie intake into 3 major meals and 3 snacks daily.
- Choose healthy foods such as whole grains, colourful fruits and vegetables and other fibre rich foods that make you feeling full for longer.
- Being vigilant about the calories in your recipes and the kind of nutrition i.e. content of calcium, protein, carbohydrates, fat and cholesterol.
[Read: Diet Key to Weight Loss]
Suggestion for healthy weight loss recipes
Veggie Microwave Frittata (for two)
Ingredients of this recipe are:
- 1 ¼ cup hash browns
- two-third cup sliced carrots
- one-fourth cup chopped onion
- one tsp chopped fresh parsley
- two tsp olive oil or canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste.
- two large eggs with higher omega-3 fatty acids if available, or if egg substitute is not available
- skimmed milk one-fourth of a cup
- bit of hot pepper sauce for two dashes
- half a cup low fat cheddar cheese
- one-eighth a tsp of dry mustard.
- Mix potatoes, carrot, onion, parsley and oil in one quart casserole dish. Cook on high intensity for three minutes and stir after 90 seconds. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take a mixing bowl and add egg substitute or eggs, milk, mustard, hot pepper sauce and beat on the medium for 2 minutes. Mix the potato mixture and the egg substitute mixture in a casserole dish.
- Cover the dish and cook it in microwave at high for 2 minutes. Sprinkle cheese and cook for 2 minutes more so that it is melted.
The recipe given above serves two people. The nutritional contents of this dish per serving are: 280 calories, 20 grams protein, 21 grams carbohydrates, 13 grams fat, 2.2 grams fibre, 218 grams cholesterol and 296 grams of sodium.
Read more articles on Diet & Nutrition.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Apr 18, 2012
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.