Complete guide on best diet plan for healthy pregnancy. Foods you should add in your daily breakfast which keeps you healthy in pregnancy. Know about the healthy diet in pregnancy.
Healthy breakfast is a great way to start the day, it gives you all the energy you need. Getting the right nutrition when you are pregnant is crucial to give your child a head-start in life.
When you are expecting, every day you might have new questions about healthy pregnancy. What should you eat, what should be the breakfast and more. You'll be well on your way to giving your baby what they need when you get an idea of diet for healthy pregnancy.
As a mother-to-be, you need to be consuming 300 extra calories a day. A half portion of the extra calories that you need should be consumed in the morning. It acts as a fuel you need to last the day.
There are endless ways to incorporate all the nutrients that you need for nourishment of the baby in the first meal of the day. The following foods are a must for the breakfast to keep you healthy during pregnancy.
# Whole Grains
Whole grains food products must be preferred over those prepared with refined sugar (such as white bread). These are complex carbohydrates that are digested slowly. These make one feel full and energized.
- Oatmeal: A bowl of oatmeal in the morning, coupled with fresh fruit, is an ideal pregnancy breakfast that supplies fibre, vitamin C and folate (a nutrient that helps prevent certain birth defects).
- Whole wheat toast and peanut butter: Whole-wheat toast with peanut butter is a nutritious breakfast option that will give your day a headstart.
- Whole-grain cereals: It gives you a healthy amount of iron, essential for the formation of your baby's blood supply.
# Dairy Foods
A pregnancy diet must include dairy foods. An excellent source of calcium, dairy products help in the formation of baby's bones, healthy muscles and nerves. There are many ways in which you can incorporate dairy foods in your breakfast.
- A bowl of whole-grain breakfast cereals along with milk is a healthy way to add calcium to your morning meal.
- 4-5 tablespoons of yoghurt, with fresh fruit and nuts, is another calcium-rich breakfast option.
Protein is one of the most important nutrients for the development of the baby in the womb. According to whattoexpect.com, an expectant mother needs three servings of protein every day. It is good to include some protein in the first meal of the day.
- A hard-boiled or scrambled egg is one easy way to incorporate protein to your breakfast.
- 4 tablespoons of cottage cheese along with fresh fruit is an equally nutritional breakfast choice.
# Fresh Fruit
Fresh fruits in the morning provide you with a dose of fibre you need for the entire day. It keeps you full, gives an energy punch and prevents constipation (a common pregnancy complaint).
- Eat a banana with fresh blueberries and a bowl of oatmeal for a nutrition-packed breakfast.
- You can combine puree of fresh berries, plain yoghurt and orange juice to make a nutritious smoothie that is rich in vitamins, minerals, protein and fibre.
Read more articles on Pregnancy.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.