The Benefits of getting Pricked by Pin
The ancient technique to heal a body and treat its diseases uses 'chi' or the energy believed to be passing through pathways in a human body.
- Acupuncture has shown to treat many common ailments.
- Acupuncture however cannot completely cure any disease.
- It helps with fatigue and stress and aids weight loss.
- Acupuncture is also good for boosting the immune system.
The technique of balancing the flow of energy is defined by traditional Chinese technique of acupuncture. This energy or life force known as ‘qi’ or ‘chi’ is believed to be passing through pathways in a human body.
The process of acupuncture is an ancient medicine practice which basically required sticking needles into various parts of the human skin. This then releases endorphins and serotonin in the brain which are natural chemicals regulating pleasure and mood. This technique of acupuncture has shown to treat many common ailments and chronic diseases more effectively than other medicines. Acupuncture cannot completely cure all illness but is a treatment. It is a low-risk procedure, safe and effective procedure when performed by a properly trained and licensed practitioner.
Acupuncture has several health benefits can be effective for several health conditions.
Health Benefits of Acupuncture
- Angina: Angina or severe chest pain due to heart problem or disease can be relieved by acupuncture. It helps by fighting myocytes.
- Post-accident Treatment: If you develop neck and shoulder stiffness, lower back pain, fatigue, stress, depression, numbness, headaches and irritability with pain after an accident acupuncture can help to relieve the stress and pain.
- Anxiety: If you constantly worry about things or tend to be anxious acupuncture can help to relieve the anxiety.
- Depression: Acupuncture can relieve depression (that is a perpetual feeling of sadness and aversion from social activity).
- Hypertension or high Blood Pressure: In hypertension the hypothalamic-aldosteronemic effect is increased. Acupuncture, causes the body to release polypeptides beta-endorphins, which help in reducing and controlling the blood pressure.
- Diabetes: The epidemic of diabetes is increasing rapidly worldwide every single year. Diabetes for acupuncture has not been proven alternative therapy but it works to control blood sugar levels. The disease may not be cured by acupuncture but the blood sugar levels may be controlled with acupuncture.
- Fatigue: According to Traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture can relieve fatigue. Some symptoms of fatigue include feeling tired, strained muscles, stress and insomnia. Acupuncture has been shown to alleviate chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Headache and Migraine: Most adults have headaches and migraines once in a while. The soothing effect of acupuncture can relax the trigger point of headaches and migraines.
- Weight Loss: Acupuncture can help you to reduce weight as it suppresses cravings, and keeps the appetite in control the main cause of the weight gain. By acupuncture you can lose up to 5kgs.
- PMS Symptoms: Many women who have undergone acupuncture for PMS say that it can relieve PMS symptoms like bloating, weight gain and psychosomatic conditions.
- Infertility and Stress: Benefits of acupuncture for infertility and stress are well known. Many couples have been helped by acupuncture to deal with their stress levels and thereby improve their fertility.
But to get the maximum benefits of acupuncture and avoid side effects consult a certified acupuncturist.
Benefit to the Individual
Acupuncture has been used for centuries to treat several diseases and conditions. It has been shown to be beneficial in several conditions, but it started as a way to prevent disorder. So probably all of us go for acupuncture periodically and it will be beneficial to maintain health. But most of us are so busy that we don’t seek care until we are sick. If you start acupuncture for an illness, go for acupuncture till you heal and then continue it to maintain your health and wellness. Most acute conditions need 2-5 treatments to recover, but chronic conditions may take longer (your acupuncturist will be able to guide you better).
Acupuncture boosts the immune system too and gives you a sense of wellness, it is especially good for people who are stressed. Try it once for a better life.
Read more articles on Acupuncture
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Aug 02, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.