Have beautiful and healthy eyes with these 6 exercises
The following exercises can cure most eye diseases, both muscular and optical, if they are practised with patience and perseverance.
- Palming relaxes, revitalizes and recharges the optic nerves.
- Sideways viewing is another exercise for healthy eyes.
- Have a great vision by boosting optic nerves.
The following exercises can cure most eye diseases, both muscular and optical, if they are practised with patience and perseverance. Many people who have done them over a long period of time have discarded their spectacles.After each of the exercises the eyes should be closed and rested for at least half a minute. The more often the exercises are done the better. However, if there is lack of time in the daily programme, then the whole series performed once in the morning and once in the evening will suffice.
Exercise 1: Palming
- Sit, close the eyes and face the sun.
- Rub the palms of the hands together vigorously until they become hot. Place the palms over the eyes. Feel that warmth and energy are being transmitted from the hands into the eyes.
- After 2 to 3 minutes, remove the hands, keeping the eyes closed throughout.
- Repeat the exercise at least 3 times. Note This is best practised at sunrise.
- It relaxes, revitalizes and recharges the optic nerves.
Exercise 2: Distant and near viewing
- Sit in the same position as exercise 5, relax the arms.
- Focus the eyes on your nose.
- Then focus on a distant object.
- Focus on the nose again.
- Repeat this process many times.
- Afterwards close and relax the eyes.
Exercise 3: Up and down viewing
- Maintain the same position as exercise 4. Place both fists on the knees, with both thumbs pointing upward. Keeping the arms straight, slowly raise the right thumb, while following the motion of the thumb with the eyes.
- On reaching the highest elevation, slowly return to the starting position, all the time keeping the eyes focused on the thumb without moving the head.
- Practise the same movement with the left thumb. Repeat 5 times with each thumb.
- Finally close and rest the eyes.
Exercise 4: Rotational Viewing
- Maintain the same body position as in exercise 3.
- Place the left hand on the left knee and hold the right fist above the right leg.
- The right thumb should point upward and the arm must be straight.
- Make a large circular movement with the right thumb, moving to the left, then upward, curving to the right and finally returning to the starting position.
- Keep the eyes focused on the thumb without moving the head.
- Repeat the eyes focused on the thumb without moving the head.
- Repeat this practice 5 times clockwise and 5 times anti-clockwise with each thumb.
- Finally close the eyes and rest.
Exercise 5: Front and sideways viewing
- Maintain the same position as exercise 2, but place the left thumb on the left knee so that it points upward. Hold the right thumb to the right of the body so that it points upward.
- Without moving the head, focus the eyes on the left thumb, then on the right thumb and then return to the left thumb.
- Repeat this process 15 to 20 times, then rest and close the eyes, practising the technique mentally.
- Repeat the same procedure on the left side of the body
Exercise 6: Sideways viewing
- Assume a sitting position with the legs straight in front of the body.
- Hold the arms straight and out to the sides at shoulder level, with the thumbs pointing upward.
- Without moving the head sideways, focus the eyes on the following, one after the other. a) Left thumbb) Space between the eyebrows (bhrumadhya)c) Right thumbd) Space between the eyebrows. Repeat this cycle 15 to 20 times and then rest.
Source: Jagran Cityplus Aug 09, 2017
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.