Hair Fall Risk Factors - Find the factors that can put you at risk of hair loss though it might be temporary in nature
Anyone and everyone is at risk of hair loss whether it is temporary hair loss or permanent. Genetics play a major role in increasing the chances of hair loss in 90% of the cases. But many other factors can put you at risk of hair loss though it might be temporary in nature.
- Your genes: Androgenetic alopecia is the most common form of baldness, striking many at an early age. A history of this type on either side of the parentage increases a person’s risk. This type of hair loss is considered to be permanent in nature.
- Disease conditions: Diseases such as cancer, thyroid and ringworm of the scalp can cause hair loss. Alopecia areata is a form of temporary baldness and is considered an auto-immune disease. Illness may include a severe infection or high fever.
- Medical treatments: Certain prescribed drugs for gout, hypertension, depression and cardiac problems can cause temporary hair loss. Few women experience hair loss while using birth control pills. Undergoing medical treatment like chemotherapy can lead to temporary hair loss.
- Diet: People who go for crash diets or have eating disorders can suffer hair loss. A nutritious diet containing all the vitamins and minerals is essential for overall nourishment and is a must (need to be taken) to prevent hair loss.
- Age: As we grow older, the hair’s growth process slows down, so one experiences thinning of hair and less growth. By the age of 50, many suffer hair loss.
- Poor hair care: People who resort to hair treatments such as dying, straightening and perming are at a risk of hair loss as these methods are stressful to the hair. Hair styles which involve pulling the hair tightly are also a cause.
- Hormonal imbalance: Women who are pregnant or menopausal undergo fluctuations of hormones in the body which puts them at risk of hair loss.
Read more articles on Hair Loss
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.