Gouty arthritis symptoms
This type of arthritis is basically caused due to the accumulation of uric acid between the joints, a substance that the body otherwise excretes out.
The following symptoms may occur suddenly at the first instance or over the days, months, years.
- Gouty arthritis is one of the most painful diseases. The main affected area in case of gouty arthritis is the base of the big toe. Other joints that experience pain are the elbow, leg, ankles, knees and wrists.
- The pain is also followed by redness, warmth and swelling of the tender joint area.
- Onset of fever is another sign that accompanies the pain.
- In people with chronic arthritis, there are chances of loss of movement of the joints.
- Also, some may see deformities in the joints that have been affected by the disease.
Though this is a rare case of arthritis, these signs may either come as an instance or recur from time to time.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Aug 09, 2012
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.