Kidney stones can be very painful. These stones are hard and crystalline mineral material which develops inside the kidneys. The size of the kidney stone may vary, it can be as small as a grain or even a large marble. These stones can be very painful and can cause discomfort while passing urine.
Risk factors of kidney stones
Some factors can increase the risk of getting kidney stones. These factors may include:
- Parathyroid disorders
- Excess consumption of salt
- Some medications
The most common symptom of kidney stone is severe pain on the side of the lower back. Symptoms other than pain may include:
- Blood in urine
- Frequent need to urinate
- Foul smelling urine
Lemon and Parsley Syrup for Kidney Stones
Lemon juice is rich in citric acid and phosphoric acid. These two elements can help reduce the development of kidney stones. Parsley is helpful in passing more urine and getting rid of toxins.
- One freshly squeezed lemon
- One handful of fresh parsley
- One cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of maple syrup
- 1 cup of honey
- An airtight jar
- Blend parsley and lemon juice properly
- Add olive oil, maple syrup and honey to the paste
- Now store the paste into a jar
- Keep the jar into the refrigerator
- Take one tablespoon of this mixture everyday empty stomach, early morning. Also make sure that you drink plenty of fluids throughout the day.
Other ways to treat kidney stones:
- The best way to reduce kidney stone is- drink plenty of water
- Increase the intake of vitamin A: For healthy kidneys, vitamin A is an essential ingredient. It is beneficial for the urinary tract and reduces the formation of kidney stones. It can be easily consumed through a balanced diet. Food rich in vitamin A are carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, winter squash and broccoli.
- Olive oil and lemon juice: Another effective remedy for kidney stones is the mixture of olive oil and lemon juice. Take the same amount of olive oil and lemon juice, mix them and drink straight. Follow it with a glass of water. It will significantly decrease the stone pain and alleviate the formation of kidney stones.
- Drink coconut water and barley water regularly. These are helpful in relieving the burning sensation while urinating.
- Ayurvedic treatment recommends avoidance of red chilli pepper, spices and milk products for patients suffering from kidney stones.
- Some food items which help prevent kidney stones are red kidney pulse or rajma daal, basil leaves, and celery.
- You can include fruits like ripe apples, water melon, pomegranate and grapes to your diet.
Read more articles on Home Remedies.
For more related articles, download OnlymyHealth app.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.