“A thing of beauty,” John Keats said, “is a joy forever”. However, while dealing with our daily lives let’s face the fact, age does creep up on us.
“A thing of beauty,” John Keats said, “is a joy forever”. However, while dealing with the hustle bustle of our daily lives let’s face the fact - age does creep up on us. It is by simply following a diet rich in age-busting super fruits that you can add beauty and years to your life and ward off those wrinkles.
Here are some of the factors that can extensively help you in elevating your landscape of personal wellness and slowdown ageing.
The forgotten fruits
When we think about fruits, it is just an apple here or a banana there. But, what we do forget is that fresh fruits are nutrient-packed. These provide sufficient amounts of calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, iron, beta carotene and folic acid and are super low in calories. “One fruit a day can guarantee you that ever glowing skin,” says Dr Ritika Samaddar, Chief Dietician, Max Healthcare.
- Citrus fruits such as oranges, tangerines, limes and grapefruits should be consumed in large amounts as these are rich in vitamin C. It is essential for the synthesis of collagen, a key structural protein of the skin.
- Blueberries, blackberries, cherries, red and purple grapes, beets and purple cabbage contain antioxidant compounds, which can help you reduce age lines.
- Cantaloupe, peaches and apricots have vital anti-oxidants that are extremely useful to fight against ageing.
Also read : 5 Best homemade anti aging facial masks
Local and seasonal fruits
It is not reasonable to assume that a single fruit can cast a spell over those wrinkled hands and toes. Opt for the widely available local varieties of fruits. In-season produce provides optimal nutritional value for your desire to look 30 at the age of 50.
- Consume lots of seasonable apples as it stimulates the production of collagen. The production of collagen is necessary for the skin to maintain its elasticity which can minimise the wrinkling.
- Watermelons are rich in vitamin C. 92% of watermelon is water. It is a good way to hydrate your body - just use the juice for a delicious and sweet smoothie or just bite couple of slices over the day to keep your youth unsullied forever.
- Blueberry is rich in vitamin B6, C, K and dietary fibres. These provide your body with important antioxidants too. Chemical studies in the US by the Agricultural Research Service have exposed the fact that blueberries contain chemicals, which slow down the ageing process by boosting brain power.
Fibre-rich fruits such as avocado, guava, apricot, fig, date and gooseberry keep the digestive system in a good working condition while alleviating constipation and haemorrhoids (piles). Do not peel off the skin of fruits like apples, plums, peaches and pears as they are high in fibre.
Also read : Ways to reduce wrinkles and look younger
Eating a rainbow
“Rainbow concept makes it easy to remember not to eat the white junk,” states Max Healthcare’s Chief Dietician Dr Ritika Samaddar. This colourful combination advises against simple carbs, promotes whole grains and variety, she explained further.
So, we can safely say that prosperous colour equals to prosperous fruits and its nutrient value. It’s like ‘eating a rainbow’ which contains high levels of antioxidants and phyto-nutrients for the plant’s own protection. By eating brightly coloured fruits such as cranberries, melons, bananas, plums and grapes, we are giving our bodies the vitamins and antioxidants that combat the breakdown of collagen and elastin in our skin, keeping our skin firm and youthful.
Coloured fruits are full of antioxidants and other phytonutrients that boost defence against genetic damage and helps one to stay young.
All you need to do to retain your golden skin is to just hop into your kitchen, open that refrigerator and munch coloured fruits to keep those expensive anti-ageing lotions, wrinkles and under eye circles at bay.
Top Image source : Getty
Read more articles on Anti-ageing.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.